Liquorice: Well-Being & Health Properties
Liquorice is a key ingredient in the products made for “The Wise Herb Company” range.
We found liquorice when our R&D teams went to India to investigate why people in the mountains in the north lived long healthy lives despite their harsh conditions. One of the herbs & spices they use (amongst many others) is liquorice.
Often used in herbal mix remedies that have been passed down from generation to generation the herbal mixes we used were endorsed by our Ayurvedic doctors. Now modern science is catching up to these traditional medicines and demonstrating that they can have a positive effect on health and well-being. Imagine the full force of the herbal mixes we make in our infusions when Liquorice is combined with Green Tea, Cinnamon, Hibiscus and more!
Check out the recent scientific studies on Liquorice backing up Traditional medicine:
- Liver Protection and Liquorice 1
- Liver Protection and Liquorice 2
- Anti-obesity effects of Liquorice
- Liquorice: reduction of cellular damage and oxidative stress
- Liquorice Components and Anti-Cancer Properties 1
- Liquorice Components and Anti-Cancer properties 2
- Inhibitory effects of Liquorice and other plants against rotavirus infection
- Liquorice: Anti-Tumour Properties
- Ginger, Liquorice and Cinnamon: Anti-Diabetic & Anti-Obesity Potential
- Liquorice components may help with Brain Health